Saturday, August 25, 2012

Free Web-Resources for College Students

I'm sorry for the delay in posts, ya'll. My boyfriend and I decided to take a quick trip home before school starts up again. It was amazing but went by way too quickly! I got to spend time with my family, J's family, and even welcome baby Eli into the world! I am now an auntie three times over :)


I will continue the "What I Wish I Knew in High School" at a later date if there's any interest. For now, I thought I'd make another list of web-resources...but this time for college students!

01) Chegg - Buying textbooks is one of the most expensive parts of being a college student. You pay $150 or more for a book, then sell it back at the end of the semester for only $20. That is highway robbery! How about renting your books instead? I got all of my textbooks for this semester from Chegg and only spent $160. Once the semester is over, send the books back with a pre-paid UPS label. It's that easy and it'll save you big money!

02) Easybib - Creating bibliographies is a pain in the ass! There are different rules for each type of resource and its almost impossible to memorize them all. Easybib makes bibs...well, easy. All you do is enter in some basic information about your resource and Easybib will format everything for you! It will even create a bibliography page and list all of your resources in alphabetical order.

03) Skip Class Calculator - Skipping class can be tempting after the first month, but is it a smart decision? The Skip Class Calculator will ask you a few questions about the class you want to skip and will determine if you can get away with missing a day or not! This calculator has convinced me to go to class quite a few times haha. It really helps you think it through logically!

04) Rate My Professors - I keep two things in mind when I am planning my class schedule: the time of the class and the teacher! Screening your teachers can truly make the difference between getting an A and getting an F, and that's what Rate My Professors is here for. You can read "reviews" of professors at your school to decide whether or not you would be successful in their class. Reviewers will often mention the class format, humor of the teacher, extra credit opportunities, and even if the teacher is a hot piece of ass!

I hope you enjoyed this list! Am I missing any websites that are awesome for college students?

2 comments:

  1. :) Even with renting some of my books I am still spending way more than that. Lucky duck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always rented my books and it has saved me a ton of money! Even if you don't rent they have books you can buy for less than $10! Thanks for stopping by my blog! Hope to see you around campus!

    Taylor Brione

    ReplyDelete