Monday, September 3, 2012

Dog Days of Summer

I feel like I've been in a whirlwind since school started last week. I went from having tons of free time to hardly having enough time to get an adequate amount of sleep! I have class on Tuesdays and Thursdays (in addition to two online classes) and I work Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM. I didn't expect or want to work this much during the school year but this is our busiest time of year and I am very much so needed.

Hopefully the following weeks will be a little less crazy than this one was. I unknowingly signed up for an 8-week course and the first four chapters, discussion board response, a four page analysis and summary paper, and an exam were all due by Thursday afternoon. I didn't even receive my textbook in the mail until Wednesday when I got home from work! I tried to ask my professor for an extension, but she simply said I should've ordered my textbook sooner...which I would have had I known it was an 8-week course! But whatever, I worked my ass off and got everything done.

I got a bit of a break on Friday after work. My boyfriend and I went to California Pizza Kitchen for dinner and had a cupcake for dessert at Sprinkles! (Calories, ugh) Afterwards, we unsuccessfully tried to find me some khaki's for my game day uniform. I tried again the next morning before work. I don't know why its so hard to find a damn pair of khaki's in the Fall! I had the same problem last year. I finally had to settle for a pair that fit horribly wrong at Old Navy. I ran home, showered, and got to work at noon. By the way, I look like a total douche in my game day uniform! We have to wear a red polo and khaki pants. It's embarassing. Nine hours later, I clocked out and made my way home.

Sunday was an overall good day. I was so exhausted from the week that I slept too late to make it to church on time. I ended up streaming the service on my computer (gotta love technology). Afterwards, J and I ran some errands and got lunch. Then we went to Sugar Land with our dog Jelly so she could try out a dog park with a lake! It was a very cute dog park called Pawm Springs Bark Park! Pictures are below.


Enjoy the rest of your holiday weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment