Tuesday, January 8, 2013

New Year (2013) Tag

I was too lazy to come up with a topic to blog about, so I decided to do a tag instead. I found this one from www.primandpolishedblog.com.

01.) What did you do in 2012 that you'd never done before?
We went to our first NBA game in November. I also got to pet a dolphin for the first time when we visited SeaWorld!

02.) Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for 2013?
My resolution for 2012 was to eat healthier and work out more. I didn't stick with it. I decided not to make a New Year's resolution this year because it has become such a cliche. I can decide to make a positive change in my life no matter what day of the year it is!

03.) Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes! My sister, Jennifer, had a beautiful baby boy named Eli.

04.) Did anyone close to you die?
My great grandmother passed away in March, and it was the hardest loss I've ever dealt with.

05.) What countries did you visit?
I have never been outside of the U.S., but I made a couple small trips back to the Midwest and to different cities in Texas.

06.) What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
A dependable car, more spending money, and I'd like to take an actual vacation!

07.) What dates from 2012 will forever be etched in your memory?
I don't keep track of memories by dates. Is that weird?

08.) What was your biggest failure?
I don't like to look at life from that perspective.

09.) Did you suffer illness or injury?
I started to develop psoriasis from one of the medicines I was taking. They took me off that med for a while, which in turn made my arthritis drastically worse. It hasn't been the best year for me health wise.

10.) What was the best thing you bought?
I honestly don't know. I didn't buy anything that was particularly fun or interesting.

11.) What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The birth of my second nephew, our anniversary trip to San Antonio, and getting to go back to the Midwest and see my family!

12.) Compared to this time last year, are you:
       a. Happier or Sadder? Happier!
       b. Skinnier or Fatter? I weigh the same actually
       c. Richer or Pooer? About the same

13.) What do you wish you'd done more of?
Meeting new people! I still haven't met any close friends in Houston.

14.) What do you wish you'd done less of?
Eating out. It's embarrassing that they know me at Taco Bell by my order lol

15.) What was your favorite tv show?
Pretty Little Liars. Duh!

16.) What did you want and get?
I wanted to start my own business...and I did. Things didn't really turn out the way I wanted, but at least I accomplished it.

17.) What did you want and not get?
An engagement ring lol

18.) What was the best film you saw?
Movies really sucked this year! The Hunger Games and the Dark Knight Rises were probably my two favorites.

19.) What did you do on your birthday?
Went out to dinner and to a nightclub with J, my sister, and a small group of friends.

20.) Describe your personal fashion sense in 2012?
I enjoy fashion, but I don't know how to put an outfit together and don't ever have money to spend on clothes. I pretty much wore jeans and a t-shirt every day.

21.) What kept you sane? My wonderfully amazing boyfriend.

22.) Who did you miss? All of my family and friends who live far away. My grandmother who passed away.

23.) Who was the best new person you met? I didn't get the chance to meet very many people....so, no one.

24.) Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned: Don't sweat the small stuff. Be comfortable with where you're currently at. Accomplish goals for yourself, not anybody else.

25.) Was 2012 a good year for you? Why? Yes - I had a roof over my head, and the love and support of my boyfriend and family. That's all I need.

26.) What are your plans for 2013?
Getting my health under control will be my number one priority. I'm about to start a new medicine and I'd like to try physical therapy as well. I want to continue being succuessful in school and get more involved on campus. I'm going to start looking for a full time job soon. Lastly, I'd like to help out more at my church and local animal rescue.

I hope you all had a great year, and that 2013 will be even better for you! I tag everyone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment